Tuesday, September 24, 2024

A little bit about me!

 Hi Everyone! 

   My name is Kylie, but mostly everybody calls me Ky. I'm super new to blogging so just bare with me, I will hopefully get better. I was born and spent most my childhood in Nanaimo, BC.  Best childhood ever, only a 5 minute drive to the beach, it was a dream! 

  when I was 8 years old, my family packed up and headed for the prairies, to be exact Sherwood Park, AB. Let me tell you, It was a change to say the very least. 

   Lucky for me there was more opportunity for sports in a larger city. Since I have been young, I have always loved being active. I spent everyday I can remember playing soccer, but I also played Lacrosse. Kind of a weird mix, but I loved them both for different reasons. I have experienced so many different life accomplishments through sports, and grained so much knowledge. Competitive sports taught me culture from traveling the world, given me lifelong friendships. I was lucky enough to have the opportunity to receive post secondary scholarships for both sports, but ended up deciding on soccer. I played as a starting goalkeeper for the UofR womens soccer program from 2018-19. I then went to play in the UWS Womens Pro League from 2019-20, but like everybody around the world, my dreams were put of hold due to the pandemic, and I had to be trapped like a prisoner in my house for two years. 

  Reading 62 books in 2 years sounds so fun right,? And yes I counted. I was just waiting to get back to regular life. With restrictions being so strict, I became, lets just say demotivated. So like many I solved my loneliness with a puppy I had no means getting at 21, and found some new things to love.

BEST DECISION EVER. 


His names Jasper, but usually his friends call him Jappy, and he is a very good boy. He’s a mix of golden retriever and Australian Shepard. As cute as he is, don’t be so fooled. He’s very smart and will manipulate you for any food possible. Cheese is his Kryptonite, and at 70lbs his absolute best friend is his sister Bow Byron. Though she may only look like a domesticated house cat, this little girl is the foundation of our family, and never misses an opportunity to annoy her bother Jappy!

    Even though I have little to no blogging experience, and I am not the greatest with technology, I am really excited for this project, and what I will learn along the way!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I’m back

Hey guys! I had a bit of a family emergency so I’m a bit late to my first post, but I’ll catch you up fast! so I switched my learning projec...